Horseshoe Cottage, Attleford Lane
This house is thought to have been built about 1750 as accommodation for farm-workers on the Peper Harow Estate. It was considerably smaller then and was not extended until 1956.
The present owner has lived there since 1951 and saw the introduction of electricity in 1953. Electricity is still the only mains utility – water is drawn from a well (2013).