The Old Cottage, Grenville Road
The house was built as a gardener’s cottage to Granton House about 1900, when it was called Granton Cottage. Originally it was a simple two-up two-down of wooden clapboard with no insulation. The kitchen was really a shed-type room with a concrete floor which doubled up as a bathroom: the table folded up to reveal the bath!
The Old Cottage was completely modernised in the early nineties.