Dolphin House, The Street

0

Dolphin House

 

Dr. Harry Huxley, younger son of the eminent Victorian scientist and writer, moved to what was then known as The Old House about 1943 when it was given to him by Sir Edgar Horne, a former patient of his. This was at the time that Hall Place, of which this was the dower house, was being broken up by auction.

 

 

 

dolphinhousegarden1

Dolphin House has a beautiful garden maintained by the Bells which is sometimes open to the public in aid of charity. It has a crinkle-crankle wall, visible in the photo.