These buildings in Lombard Street, now private houses, were once the post office run by Miss Le Petit. There is still evidence of its use on the wall of the far cottage.
Miss Le Petit, who by 1951 had already been the village postmistress for 13 years when it was situated in Lombard Street, where it was first established in the 1860s.
Note the huge old lamp hanging outside the door behind her head.
This poor quality photo came from an newspaper article on Lombard Street.