Formerly Shackleford House, then Hall Place, now Aldro School
Hall Place was for many years the raison d’être of Shackleford. The owners of Hall Place owned all the land and employed nearly all the inhabitants. They put in the first water supply and the first electricity.
No history of Shackleford would be complete without an understanding of the important background it played in the development of the village, so go to The Hall Place Story for a full history or take a glimpse at how it was presented for sale in 1797 or 1942.