Most visitors to Eashing approach over this bridge, a well-known local landmark probably built after the great floods of 1233. It is made of local rubble stone with thin slabs of Bargate stone set in mortar to form voussoirs (wedges) over the arches, and the top is of 18th century bricks. The rounded cutwaters to the downstream side are reportedly quite rare.
The bridge has been painted and photographed many times. Here is a small selection of images dating back to 1905.